The Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority (TCRA) is a quasi independent Government body responsible for regulating the Communications and Broadcasting sectors in Tanzania. It was established under the Tanzania Communications Regulatory Act No.12 of 2003 to regulate the electronic communications, and Postal services, and management of the national frequency spectrum in the United Republic of Tanzania. The Authority became operational on 1st November 2003 and effectively took over the functions of the now defunct Tanzania Communications Commission (TCC) and Tanzania Broadcasting Commission (TBC) respectively.
“To be a World-class Regulator of Electronic and Postal Communications”.
“To effectively regulate electronic and postal communications services, promote efficiency among service providers and protect consumer interests with an objective of contributing to development in the United Republic of Tanzania”.
“ We are a Regulatory Authority ”
“To enhance the welfare of Tanzanians through effective and efficient regulation that promote innovation and ensure universal access to secure, quality and affordable communication services”.
- To modernize TCRA operations by enhancing staff competences, quality research on regulated services and utilizing state of the art technologies;
- To promote efficient, reliable and secure communications infrastructure and applications;
- To promote efficient and affordable communications services and increase access to Postal and ICTs in under-served and un-served areas;
- To protect interests of stakeholders and enhance awareness of their rights and obligations;
- To monitor performance of regulated services and enforce compliance to legislation, regulations and standards;
- To coordinate implementation of National, Regional and International Sector commitments.
OUR QUALITY POLICY
Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority is committed to achieve its strategic goal and ensure customer satisfaction through Quality Management System.
Improved quality processes and procedures in the regulation of the communication sector.
Achieved high level of customer satisfaction in accordance with TCRA’s Client Service Charter.
Maintained compliance with relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.