License Application ›
Procedures and Processes
The Application for licences for provision of network facility services, network
services, Applications services and content services nationally, will require
stringent and rigorous scrutiny by the Authority as follows
- The Authority shall periodically announce in the media a deadline for
- Applications received shall be categorised into respective licence categories;
network facility services, network services, application services and content
services and corresponding market segments; International,
National, Regional, District and Community.
- Received applications shall be scrutinised to establish whether they have all
required attachments viz: receipt of application fee, duly filled application
business plan, roll out plan, company registration,
Information on technical proposal of the service to be provided, Information on
previous experience, company profile.
- Applicants who do not comply shall be notified to submit appropriate required
documents. Complied applicants shall be notified accordingly.
- The Authority shall conduct detailed evaluations of the applications basing on
pre-determine criteria for each category of license.
- The list of applicants shall be published in widely circulated newspapers and
in the Authority's website to invite public comments.
- The Evaluation team shall convene to assess public comments against the
including interviewing the applicant if deemed necessary
- Recommendations of the Evaluation team shall be forwarded to the Management for
- Recommendations of the Management shall be submitted to the Board for
- Recommendations of the Board shall be submitted to the Minister for consultation
- Licenses shall be granted to successful applicants upon payment of appropriate
(Initial fee, frequency user fee, numbering etc).
The Application processes are summarised in a diagram (in Pdf format).
Click here to download